Monday, October 10, 2011

The Story of the Half Tart

I bet your wondering what I'm talking about.  I'm referring to the IAMED logo. In the early years of IAMED it graced everything from my invoices to being embedded on our awards and on the BellyDance.org website.

The original artwork was done by belly dancer and graphic artist Brandi Centeno who also did the early Awards of Belly Dance flyers and video covers.  She expanded the artwork to be a full belly dancer with a skirt. But we mostly used the half tart logo.

Why was she called the half tart?  It's an inside joke.  We had a full belly dancer logo and half of one.  Not sure if it was Carolynn Ruth or I in one of our brain storming sessions who jokingly referred to her as the half tart the first time. As opposed to of course the full tart. And so the name stuck.  And that is the story of the half tart.

The Half Tart
In a future post, I'll have to tell you the story of the green troll with flexible dancing toes. :)

Suzy Evans
BellyDance.org

No comments: