Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Arabic Rhythms - A Must Have Belly Dance Video

I get emails from belly dancers all the time about what instructional DVDs I would recommend if say they could only afford 1 or a few.

One of our videos that always comes to mind is Arabic Rhythms with Tamra-henna. This is a must have for all belly dancers at all levels, beginner to advanced/professional.

What it boils down to is this: It's all about the music. Belly dancing is all about the music. If don't "get" the music, you can't possibly be a good dancer. Period. If you visit Egypt and go see the Egyptian dancers perform or see them on video you'll know what I mean.

I've seen too many dancers run roughshod over the music, as if the music matters not. And guess what, the audience does notice it and not in a positive way.

Tamra-henna's video on understanding the music and rhythms will give you the foundation you need to be a great belly dancer.

As an insider on the making of this video I can tell you this: This video was a real bear to produce. We probably put in more time, money and energy on this video than any other instructional video that we've ever made. To say that Tamra-henna put in over time on this one would be a gross understatement. The pre-production was long and very detailed. We ran overtime on the day of shooting. This one video took the equivalent time in editing of about 3 videos. This project was truly a labor of love. I felt the information was too important, not to produce it and make it available for dancers.

There is a 2nd volume of Arabic Rhythms in post production. I hope to release it by the end of the year.

Click Here for more information about the video and to purchase.

Suzy Evans

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I can't wait for this DVD to come out. I remember being in a workshop withTamra-henna a few years ago and her telling me that enough material for two videos had been filmed and that a second DVD would be forthcoming. I'm glad it's finally almost here!